If you are a customer placing an order or have an account on www.katerinapsoma.com, or just visiting our website, we act as the ‘data controller’ of personal data. This means we determine how and why your data are processed. For such purposes the data controller is the “Ekaterini Psoma", 35 Apollonos street, 105 56, Athens, Greece.
Types of Data We Collect
- Contact details
Your first name, last name, billing address, shipping address, city, country, postal code, telephone number and email address. Optionally, you may provide us with your company name, apartment / suite number, mobile telephone number and fax number. If you order products for a third party, we will gain knowledge of at least their shipping address and potentially of their other contact details.
- Financial information
Your credit/debit card details (type and four last digits), including your card’s security/CVV code .
- Data relevant to your identity online and your location
Your IP address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types, time zone setting, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version, login information relevant to our website.
- Data relevant to your use of our website
Your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site), products/services viewed, page response times, download errors, how long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often, and other actions.
Special categories of data and children's data
We don’t collect any data about you revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning sex life or sexual orientation, except when we have your explicit consent, or when we have to comply with the law. We offer services and products directed to and intended for use only by those who are 18 years of age or over. We do not target katerinapsoma.com at children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from any person under 16 years of age.
Our Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Data
In order to collect and/or use your personal data we have at least one of the following legal bases:
- You have given us clear and explicit consent to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes. If you have previously given consent to processing your data, you can withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com. If you do withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your information, then we will stop processing your personal data. If we do have another legal basis for processing your information, then we may continue to do so, subject to your legal rights.
- Processing your data is necessary for a contract you have with us (for the sale of products or otherwise), or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into that contract.
- Legitimate interests. Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests. These legitimate interests are:
- delivering, developing and improving our services and products
- determining whether marketing campaigns are effective
- improving data security
- gaining insights from your behaviour on our website
In each case, these legitimate interests are only valid if they are not outweighed by your rights and interests.
- Legal obligation. Processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example¨: providing you invoices).
Why do we collect your personal data and how do we use them?
We use your personal data for the following reasons:
- Providing you the services and items you request (legal bases: contract and legitimate interest). Managing your orders and requests, login and authentication, remembering your settings, processing orders and payments, hosting and back-end infrastructure.
- Customer support (legal basis: contract). Notifying you of any changes to our service / the fulfilment of your order, solving issues via email or phone support including any bug fixing.
- Marketing purposes (legal bases: legitimate interest and consent). Sending you emails and messages about news, new features, products, services, offers/discounts, information about the brand and content (if you are already a customer or with your explicit consent). Sending you emails to ask you if you want to continue a transaction that you started but never finished. Calling you to inform you about the activities in the area you live.
- Improving our services (legal basis: legitimate interest). Testing features, interacting with feedback platforms and questionnaires, managing landing pages, heat mapping our site, traffic optimization and data analysis and research, and the use of machine learning and other techniques over your data and in some cases using third parties to do this.
- Email list, newsletter and promotional emails: Katerina Psoma Jewellery may send newsletters and promotional emails containing information about new products, offers/discounts etc and news and information about the brand. We will only send you newsletters and promotional emails if one of two conditions applies:
- You have subscribed to our promotional email list.
- You are an existing customer and we believe you might be interested in receiving information about our new products, events and offers.
In case you have chosen to subscribe to our promotional email list, the following terms apply:
- We shall include you in our promotional email list, once you have provided a valid email and have pressed the "subscribe" button.
- We shall only collect the email you have provided us in order to facilitate our communications and no other personal data and for no other reason.
- We shall ask for explicit consent before we collect any other data on you, which may be perceived as personal.
You can always unsubscribe by following the dedicated link at the end of each newsletter and the procedure described therein or by emailing your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Protect Your Data
The website and online shop katerinapsoma.com is operated according to applicable EU and Greek legislation and it stores your personal data with safety. We have physical and electronic procedures (technical and organisational measures) to secure and protect the information we collect and process.
However, please keep in mind that no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure. You are responsible of your username and password so please keep them safe and secret. If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us without delay by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- You have the right to access information we hold about you. You can contact us and we shall inform you about:
- the categories of data we’re processing
- the purposes of data processing
- the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
- how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period)
- other rights you have regarding our use of your data
We can also send you a copy of these information, if you wish.
- You have the right to ask us to correct personal data about you if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- You can object to us using your data for profiling you or making automated decisions about you. Please note that exercising this right does not equal to an obligation on our behalf to not show advertisements at all. Currently, we do not have such functions installed at our website.
- You have the right to ask us to directly transfer your data to another service, as long as it is technically feasible or to provide you a copy in a common machine-readable format.
Please note that if such data also contain personal data about another person, we may not choose to include such data in our deliverables.
5.You have the right to be ‘forgotten’ .
All you have to do is ask and we will delete your data unless we have another legal reason to hold your personal data (such as a legal claim or a regulatory requirement).
- You can ask us not to use your data for direct marketing purposes.
7.You can file a complaint regarding our use of your data to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
Please tell us first and we would be happy to address your concerns. If you insist on contacting the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, you can find out how to reach them and exercise your rights at their website (www.dpa.gr)
You can exercise all the aforementioned rights (with the exception of 7.) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall address your request with 30 days of its receival, unless it is too complicated or we are dealing simultaneously with too many such requests. In the latter case it may take us up to two additional months to address your request, but we will let you know so within 30 days of reception of your initial request.
Location of Processing and Storage of Data
The personal data we collect is processed at our offices in Athens, Greece and in any data processing facilities operated by the third parties identified below.
Any personal data stored by us will be deleted within 2 years of its collection. We may however keep your personal data for a longer period, in order to exercise or defend a legal claim or in case we are obliged by a legal provision to do so. Additionally, we will only store the email addresses of our customers for up to 5 years to send them our newsletter and marketing emails, a function from which they may unsubscribe anytime.
Third Parties and Sharing Your Information
As with most e-shops , we often have to resort to third party vendors in order to be able to keep www.katerinapsoma.com up and running, to provide our website’s services and in order to be able to perform all its functions already explained above.
These third parties help us host our website and shop, facilitate your payments, communicate with you, power our emails, help you rate our products and services, analyse the performance of our website etc.
To that extent, sometimes it is necessary for us to share your data with them in order to get these services to work well.
Bellow you can find our main third-party service providers with which we may be sharing your personal information.
In order to effectively provide you with the services of our website and shop on katerinapsoma.com, we make use of a very popular and highly regarded third party ecommerce platform (including website hosting), more specifically Shopify (https://www.shopify.com/). This platform also facilitates us with receiving your payments and provides us anonymous aggregates statistics regarding the use of this website. By visiting our website and using our shop you explicitly agree to our use of this service. You can learn more about the manner by which Shopify shall processes personal data, and what data they collect or we share with them, here:
In order to be able to send our newsletter and promotional emails to you, we make use of the services of a third-party service, more specifically Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com/). By subscribing to our promotional email list you explicitly agree to our use of this service. You can learn more about the manner by which Mailchimp shall processes personal data, and what data they collect, or we share with them, here:
In order to be able to send you newsletter and promotional emails tailored to your interests, we make use of the services of a third party service, more specifically Privy (https://privy.com). By using our website and by subscribing to our promotional email list you explicitly agree to our use of this service. You can learn more about the manner by which Privy shall processes personal data, and what data they collect, or we share with them, here:
In order to allow you to rate our products and services, we make use of the services of a third party service, more specifically Judge.me (http://judge.me/). By rating our products and services on our website you explicitly agree to our use of this service. You can learn more about the manner by which Judge.me shall processes personal data, and what data they collect or we share with them, here:
Our Payment Method is PayPal. By using this payment service providers you explicitly agree to its terms for using the service.
You can learn more about the manner in which they shall process personal data, and what data they collect or we share with them, here:
We use google analytics in order to collect aggregated anonymized information about the use and performance of our website.
You can learn more about the manner in which they shall process personal data, and what data they collect or we share with them, here: (https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html) and how Google in general processes personal data it may collect here : (https://policies.google.com/privacy)
If you disagree with the processing of personal data performed by any of the aforementioned third parties, we urge to refrain from using our website and/or shop.
In order to effectively fulfil your orders, we also share your information with companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
Your information and countries outside the EU or the EEA
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Site functionality cookies, which allow you to navigate our website and use features, such as “Add to Cart”.
- Customer preference cookies, which will remember your preferences and details, so that your experience is more personal and streamlined.
- Website analytics cookies, which allow us to analyse how our customers use our site, in order to improve it.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: these cookies are used to deliver ads which might be relevant or useful to you.
Currently all of the cookies on our website are placed by third parties. You can find which those third parties are at section “Third Parties and Sharing Your Information” of this policy.
By using www.katerinapsoma.com, you agree to placing the aforementioned cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. However, you have the rights to accept, delete, block or reject cookies by modifying your browser settings accordingly. You can find out how by visiting websites such as http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our website.
Where can you get further information?